CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whatever Wednesday - Candyland Quilt Card

I saw this sweet bedroom ensemble at Pottery Barn Teen that reminds me of the childhood game Candyland.  Remember how the spaces are comprised of a curvy path?  So, today's card has a Candyland-style path too!

candyland card inspiration

NOTES:
stamp set:  Bring On The Cake (Occasions Mini Catalog 2011, retired)
ink:  Classic Stampin' Pad, Certainly Celery
cs:  Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
dsp:  Designer Series Paper Patterns Stacks
punch:  Wide Oval
ribbon:  Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon
other:  Top Note Big Shot  Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dot (for the ribbon)
How I Created the "Candyland" Top Note:  I cut 1" squares from the dsp and adhered them in a curvy path design onto a separate piece of Whisper White cs.  Next, I dry embossed it in the Square Lattice embossing folder.  Lastly, I die cut a Top Note from the Square Latticed paper with the Top Note Die.
Now I Created the Message Element:  I adhered more of the 1" dsp squares onto white cs and cut around the dsp to make a patchwork-style piece of cs.  That patchwork piece is then adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals onto the card.  An oval punched message is adhered to the patchwork rectangle element.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment