CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Tips - Retirement Banned

Have you used rubons lately?  I purchased a package of "Summer Love" rub-ons from Stampin' Up last year and haven't used them in awhile.  What fun - I have so much stampin' stuff that I find supplies and embellishments occasionally in my studio that I have forgotten about - it feels like I just bought something new for myself!  Well, with Spring in the air, I just had to do some Spring and Summer themed stamping!

The card is Not Quite Navy cs, along with some retired designer series paper.  Stampin' Up may retire "In-Color" each year, but I've outsmarted the system!  I purchase at the very least an inkpad, reinker bottle, cs, and some dsp in each "In Color".  Then, I make it last for years!  Retirement for my In Colors is a slow process.  When I pull out a retired In Color, it makes me smile.  My In Colors are my little treasures! :)  So, my tip for this week:  Get an inkpad, reinker bottle, and cs (and maybe even some dsp to match) in every In Color.  Don't forget to stock up before the new catalog and new In-Colors are introduced in July!

The grasses stamp from the old standby stamp set called "Inspired By Nature" are stamped in Sage Shadow and heat embossed.  After that, I did not stamp anything else - only rub-ons are used.  From the butterfly to the flowers to the "inspire" cameo, I was armed with only a popsicle stick and my set of rub-ons.  Have you seen the current rub-ons on pages 176-177 of the current IB&C?  I especially like the set called "So Cool".  It would be a nice set to keep on hand for a last minute child's birthday card.

Linda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment