CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Think About Color Thursday - Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Crumbcake

 This week's color combination:  Crumbcake, Melon Mambo, and Tempting Turquoise

That Aviary stamp set is at it again!  I have so many cards stamped with this Aviary stamp set to share with you in the near future.  Here is a duo that certainly will make two people smile.

Both cards are stamped with the tall Aviary birdcage and heat embossed.  I stamped the birdcage with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  After heat embossing, the birds are stamped in Melon Mambo Classic ink.  A tissue or paper towel comes in handy to gently wipe away the ink remaining on top of the embossed cage bars.

The card on the right also has a "happy bird day" image from the retired 2010 Occasions Mini Catty stamp set called "Picture This".  I hope you purchased this stamp set when it was available, because it pairs nicely with the Aviary stamp set!  I also remembered that the Very Punny stamp set from the 2007 Sale-a-Bration stamp set had a little bird that said "Chirp Up!".  I love pairing my Stampin' Up stamps from past years!  One can never have enough rubber stamps! hee hee

I also pierced a design in the corner of the card on the right, using the mat pack and paper piercing tool.  The card on the left has some different detail on it.... I scored several lines in a row with a paper cutter (you may often hear me refer to it as a paper trimmer) & scoring blade.  You also could use a bone folder or stylus in the groove of your paper trimmer instead of a scoring blade.

The dsp shown on both cards is a small piece of In Color patterns dsp.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment