CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Whatever Wednesday - You Need a Good Man{ly Card}

Recently my children were in need of thank you notes to send for Christmas gifts they received.  I rallied up some of the Christmas themed notes and some neutral themed thank you notes I had on hand, yet I noticed I didn't have many masculine thank you notes.  As I looked through various occasion cards in stock, I noticed this same dilemma across the board - where were all the masculine or gender-neutral cards?  I know I've made plenty, but apparently not enough.  So, you will be seeing more masculine cards than in the past.  We all need handsome cards to send to men, whether it be birthday, thank you, get well, retirement, or whatever the occasion.   I also have men in the family that ask for cards from the "card store" (aka my studio).  You, indeed, may have men in the family that occasionally send greeting cards.  Here is the first of many.

Today's card is a masculine or gender-neutral thank you card.  Best of all, you can use scraps of cs that you have in your scrap bin.  Choose three colors from your cs scraps, and then choose a card color.  The card might be complimentary card color, one of Stampin' Up's Neutral Collection colors, or one of your scrap cs colors.

Notice the plaid strip that is adhered with dimensionals across the card?  It is created with Crumbcake cs that has been stamped with the Canvas background stamp in Night of Navy classic ink, then rolled through the Stampin' Up crimper.  Isn't it handsome?  I love the rugged expression of that element!  I think I will try it on some other things!

A few punches, an antique brass brad, and a thank you message turn some cs scraps into a thing of masculine beauty!  The message stamp is called Elegant Thank You, an IB&C a la carte stamp.  I punched only part of the stamped image for the message element with the Modern Label punch and matted it with a Night of Navy Designer Label punched piece.  The finished thank you element is adhered with dimensionals.

Aviary Stamp Camp this evening!  Woo hoo!  Looking forward to it!  Perhaps I will post some of our camp cards at a later date.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment