CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Map It Monday - A Famous Mouse

I recently created a fun birthday card for a four year old.  Who doesn't love Mickey Mouse?!



I'm using some more sweet pastel retired designer series paper.  It might be several years old, but I still can coordinate it to other Stampin' Up products!   I love that!


NOTES:
cs:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Blushing Bride
dsp:  Spring Fling dsp (very retired, so I think that's the name!)
inks:  Classic Stampin' Pad - Basic Black; Stampin' Write Markers - Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Peach Parfait
stamps:  Bring on the Cake
punches:  Circle - 1 3/4", 1", 1/2", 1/4"
other:  Pink Pirouette striped ribbon (retired)
How Did I make Mickey?   I punched two 1 3/4" circles, one from Basic Black cs and one from Blushing Bride cs.  I penciled the Mickey's "hairline".  It is easy to hand draw this - they are just like little mountains!  Then cut on the pencil lines with trimming scissors or paper snips.  Adhere the Blushing Bride face atop the 1 3/4" black circle.  Then, simply trim the white eyes into ovals and adhere the other punched pieces!  I drew on the mouth with the thin end of a Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write marker.


This was a fun card to make!  And, it was so easy!


Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment