CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Map It Monday - Birdie's Under the Weather





Today's Map It Monday post is once again that cute little birdie I love so much. My friend Teri gave me a card very similar to this. I switched it up a little bit to transform the design into a "get well" card - I thought the umbrella looked cute being held by the birdie "under the rainy weather". Thanks for a great card, Teri! I never would have paired Bashful Blue with Pacific Point, but it sure works!

The map is very versatile for just about any large stamp image. The circle can be used for a message, another small image, or even an embellishment such as a big button or flower.

I used the "Good Friend" stamp set to stamp the bird with Pacific Point ink, and I stamped the wing a second time in Bashful Blue. I cut out the wing & adhered it with dimensionals. The umbrella from "A Little Birdie Told Me" stamp set is stamped & trimmed, then adhered under the bird's wing with dimensionals. I added a slot for ribbon to go through with the horizontal slot punch. Then I set aside this main image piece & prepared the card.

The card is Pacific Point cs, with a Bashful Blue dry embossed cs measuring 4" x 5 1/4". You could use any of the new embossing folders or a texture plate for whatever embossed design you might want. I laid the ribbon across the card before adhering that embossed cs. I matted a piece of matching dsp onto Pacific Point cs & adhered it going vertically. Then I adhered more blue layers! That will be the base for the bird.

The ribbon is run under & up through the big bird white cs piece & that piece is adhered with dimensionals. Tie the ribbon into a double knot and adhere the message, which is layered onto Bashful Blue cs, & with dimensionals.

Have a great day!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment