CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Whatever Wednesday - Holy Swap


I am obviously feeling quite creative in my writing today - Holy Swap?! Well, there are lots of little holes & it is a swap card.

You'll Need:

cs: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
stamp sets: Razzle Dazzle
ink: Soft Suede
punches: 1/2" circle, 1" circle, word window, Modern Label, Eyelet border, corner rounder
Other: Build-a-Brad, dimensionals, mat pack & paper piercing tool

I recently attended a Stampin' Up event & participated in a card "swap" with fellow Stampin' Up demonstrators. This is the card I designed to swap. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. What do you think?

The entire Bermuda Bay cs piece was completed before adhering it to the Soft Suede card. The only addition I saved for last was to adhere the layered message with dimensionals.

The first thing I did was to punch the eyelet sides with the eyelet border punch. I will be honest with you - it took me two tries to get the corner to look alright. I know there is a trick to it, but I forgot what the trick was. It still isn't perfectly lined up, but I'll take it! Stamping is meant to be relaxing and enjoyable, not maddening. lol Go ahead, see for yourself lol.

The next thing I did was to use the mat pack & paper piercing tool partially up the side & bottom of the Bermuda Bay cs. I even got pierce-happy & added another row of holes down the side. I think this intricate detail really sets this card apart from others.

I stamped the large Razzle Dazzle flowers twice on the Bermuda Bay cs, then stamped the small flower onto a Bermuda Bay scrap, as well as onto Soft Suede cs. The 1" circle punch is used to punch out the small Soft Suede flower. A 1/2" circle punch was used on the Bermuda Bay small flower so it would be the perfect size to use inside a Build-a-Brad! I built my brad & placed it onto the Soft Suede circle, then offset it onto another 1" circle punched from Whisper White.

I also corner-rounded two of the corners on this one.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda -

    I am glad you enjoyed the convention. It was great to see the card you "swapped" with the other SU demonstrators. On Wednesday, will you share the cards you received in the swap? Also, since we are doing the "dog" card based on your blog, I will bring my cat set to modify it! See you on Wednesday!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete