CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Tips - Classy Brass

Tuesday Tip for the Week:  Classy Brass template adds detail to your projects



Have you tried any of the classy brass templates?  They are a great tool to use for dry embossing or for adding piercing detail to projects. 


This is what the "Punches Plus" Classy Brass looks like.  This particular template has various geometric shapes with piercing guides around the shapes.  I have used one of the circle guides to create piercings in this Green Galore cs circle flower.  It works easiest if you can center the template shape around a center point.  Positioning can be tricky otherwise.  I laid a 3/4" punched circle in the center of the large Green Galore circle.....




 then I centered the brass around that small center circle - this ensured that the piercings would be centered well on the cs.  I hope that makes sense.  Here is how I set it up for piercing (don't forget to put the mat cushion underneath the cs):


Though it's not easy to see in this photo, I used paper snips to snip little petals into the Green Galore circle, making it like a "mod flower".  I distressed the flower center with my fingernail & added a brad in the center.

The ticket corner punch and orange brads give this card harmony - black cs corners & the message are both ticket corner punched.  Brads tie it all together in the corners & in the middle of the flower.



Linda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment