CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Think About Color Thursday - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White


Did you notice the white stuff in the background of this card?  SNOW!  We are in the middle of a winter storm & everything outside is white!

So, last night I was sleeping like a baby - I must have been sleeping well because I was dreaming.  The funniest thing happened in my dream!  My dream morphed into me making a greeting card.  An even funnier thing that happened was that when I woke up at 3am, I remembered my dream in detail, especially the card that I had created.  It was a card that I do not recall ever thinking of or making (awake, that is).  Talk about strange!  So, I guess I can be creative even in my sleep. lol 

I really like the color combination:

Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White

HERE is my dreamy creation!

Do you want to make this card too?  Here's how:

Supplies you will need:
cs:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive
dsp:  Bella Rose (if you do not have the Bella Rose dsp or RHR cs or inkpad, just use either Ruby Red or Real Red & some dsp in the same color)
ink:  RHR
punches:  3 Flower, 1/2" circle, scallop square, Crop-o-Dile, Top Note die

Here what you do:
1.  Die cut white cs with the Top Note die.
2.  Punch the Top Note white cs with the 3 Flower punch.
3.  Punch 3 dsp circles with the 1/2" circle punch & adhere behind the punched flowers on the white Top Note.
4.  Cut 3 stems, free hand, from Old Olive CS & adhere under flowers.
5.  Use trimming scissors/paper snips on a scrap of Old Olive cs to create little blades of grass.  Adhere grass over stems on Top Note cs.
6.  Fluff grass with fingertip.
7.  Use Crop-o-Dile to punch 3 small holes into flower centers.
8.  Punch wide oval from Chocolate Chip cs, scallop square from RHR cs, and half of a scallop oval from Old Olive cs.
9.  Stamp "Best Wishes" on Whisper White cs in RHR (or Ruby Red or Real Red), then punch message out using small oval punch.
10.  Cut off part of the scallop square & adhere to card front.
11.  Adhere top note to card front.
12.  Layer ovals, then adhere with dimensionals onto card front.

Have fun!  Sweet dreams!

Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment