CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Tips - Computer Generated Message

A blog reader has asked me about a message on a particular card I posted last week. Remember this card from a prior blog post? (Friday, 1/29/10)
Teal and Cocoa Flowers

Well, the message on that card is not available as a rubber stamp.  Actually, it wasn’t a rubber stamped image at all.  It was a computer generated message.

Once in awhile I locate a pleasant saying or verse, yet I may not have a rubber stamp with that particular message. What do I do? I generate the verse on the computer in an appropriate font and color, print it out (usually multiple copies) & adhere it to a card! Yes, I know – ingenious, isn’t it?

There you have it. When Stampin’ Up cannot say what I am thinking (which is rare these days with the number of stamps that I presently own), I just go ahead and create it myself!

You may be wondering why that original post I referred to above was done on a Fast Friday. Computer generating messages AND creating a quick card should take more than 5 or 10 minutes, right? Right. It’s because I have some computer generated messages in inventory in my studio – I print out more than one when I create something. It sure helps when I need a Fast Friday card!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment