CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Tips - Twisty Treat Pouch

I am using the Animal Tales designer series paper for today's project.  This dsp was part of my "Designer Series Paper Share" last summer when the recently retired/then newly introduced big catalog appeared on the scene.  If you purchased a dsp share from me last year, then you can make a Twisty Treat Pouch like this one; if not, substitute a different dsp.

If you are interested in another dsp share for the new catalog, please email me to let me know.  You can refer to my blog post from last year for details about my "paper shares" - price remains the same at $24 and the papers would be from the current Idea Book & Catalog.  Double shares can be purchased as well - a double share of dsp is cut 12" x 6" instead of 6" x 6", so it is a great size to use for borders and strips in your scrapbooking - a double share sells for $48.

On to my Tuesday Tip:  Twisty Treat Pouch

This little pouch is so easy to make.  You can throw in a few pieces of candy, a pair of earrings, or a little gift or even a gift card.  You will need a crimper to make it.  I just purchased my crimper, so you can expect to see some fun projects that utilize a crimper posted on my blog in the near future!

Supplies Needed:
Crimper
6 x 6 square of dsp
Sticky Strip

Instructions:

1.  Apply 2 pieces of Sticky Strip to the wrong side of the dsp (see my photo for placement).  The Sticky Strip should be adhered onto what will be the inside of your pouch.


2.  Now apply 1 long piece of Sticky Strip to one of the side edges on the opposite side of the paper (tape is adhered to what will be the outside of the finished project).  This adhesive will allow the tube to stay rolled up (the seam of this little "toilet paper tube".


3.  Carefully roll the paper, width wise, to make it easier to fold.  You are bending a curve into the paper.
 
4.  Form a tube by adhering the sides together with the preattached Sticky Strip.


5.  Close one end of the tube with the preattached Sticky Strip.


6.  Fill the Twisty Treat about two-thirds full; be sure to leave space at the top so you can close and crimp the Twisty Treat.

7.  Twist the tube so that the top is perpenticular to the bottom; close the top with the preattached Sticky Strip.



8.  Finish with a flourish by crimping both ends and adding any accents you like.  I have added a "yummy" tag and ribbon.


Have a terrific day!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment