CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Masculine/Feminine Note Card Duo Gift

Happy New Year!

I have taken some much needed relaxation time but I'm ready to blog again!  I have so many stamping ideas for the new year and I am very excited to share them with you.  My stamping events for the next few months will consist of 3 events each month:  

A stamping class called "Stunning, Yet Simple" - Stamp 6 uncomplicated but stunning cards.

A kicked-up stamping class called "Thrilling Three" - Create 3 exceptional projects and/or cards.  These projects might be a more detailed, lavish card with many layers, techniques and embellishments, or perhaps a gift set of cards in a box or even a decor item for the home.  Stay tuned.  My wheels are turning.

The "Latest" Layout - Every month I will offer a scrapbooking class.  The project will vary, with some layouts being a two page 12x12 spread and some classes making mini "portable" giftworthy scrapbook albums of all sorts.  Some pretty things are on the way!

On to today's project post........I made this gift for the host and hostess of a dinner party we attended recently.  I wanted to stamp monogrammed cards for both of them and then decided to put them in a little handled box.  One side of the box is embellished with the man's initial and the other side is embellished with the lady's initial.  Then, it's fitting to simply slide the feminine cards into the lady's side of the box, and vice versa.  I like how it all turned out.

The dsp I used is the "Night and Day" dsp (retired).  The cards were quick to stamp and I embossed each one in the Big Shot with either the Houndstooth embossing folder or the Manhattan Flower embossing folder.

I definitely think I will make some more of these card gift sets.  I'd love to hear your comments on what you think of it.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment