CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Whatever Wedesnday - Packed For Twitterpated Baby

Hi Stampers!

Today I'm sharing with you a fun card I made to swap with other Stampin' Up demonstrators at a recent meeting.  Had you noticed the "Packed For Baby" stamp on page 39 of the new Occasions Mini Catalog?

There sure is quite a bit of empty space on the stamp design and it will be a pleasure to color on another day.  Today was not one of those days that I could have the pleasure of coloring at my leisure.  I decided to just lightly color in a few of the images within the larger stamped image.  I chose a primary color combination of blue, red & green - Marina Mist, Riding Hood Red, and Certainly Celery (I couldn't find my Pear Pizzazz inkpad at the time, which was my first idea). 

I also embellished with the Twitterpated designer fabric and in the Occasions Mini catty.  If you make a small snip in the fabric and tear in one direction straight down, you can make fabric ribbons!

If the "heaven blessed" stamp doesn't look familiar, it is because I borrowed a few words from a stamp in the Heaven Blessed Easter stamp set!  I used the Omitting stamping technique and colored onto the rubber stamp with a Marina Mist Stampin' Write marker, being careful to color only the words I wanted to use.  I stamped it onto Bashful Blue cs.


The main image is stamped onto watercolor paper and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The bling of the adhesive backed Basic Rhinestones finishes the card off.

It just so happens that I have a need to send a new baby card today, so I can cross that task off my list! And, I had fun making it!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment