CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whatever Wednesday - Christmas Snowman Scrapbook Layout



Oh, it has been quite a while since I posted a scrapbook layout.  If you've been reading my blog for a few years, you may recall that I previously used to post some scrapbook pages on Scrapbook Saturdays.  The glitch in that routine is that often I wouldn't post my favorite layouts because I would save those page designs exclusively for my scrapbooking group classes.

Well, last night I hosted a scrapbooking night and this is the two page layout that the ladies created.  Their finished layouts looked so pretty!

Colors on this layout are Real Red, Old Olive, retired Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White.  I drew the snowman freehand and the gals used it as a template.

We also embellished the tree with Stampin' Up's Mica Flakes, which is a product that was featured in the recently retired 2011 Holiday Mini catalog.  Dazzling Details glitter glue drips on the snowman's head give her an icicle appearance.

The Tasteful Trims Big Shot Bigz XL die and the 1/2" circle punch work well together to style the colored strips and attract attention.

I created the snowman nose with the star punch (only one of the points on the star)!  Two kinds of Stampin' Up Real Red and Whisper White ribbon also help to decorate the layout.

Let me know how you like the layout!  Next month on Wednesday, February 22, at my scrapbooking class, we will create a lovely mini vintage styled album.  This album makes a fantastic gift if you are looking for a special present for a special someone too!  You can register now with an email to lahinks@gmail.com.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment