CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Map It Monday - A Map within a Map

Today's map is sort of a map within a map.  I created a framed piece and adhered it with dimensionals to the card.



The white framed element on the card is created using a paper trimmer and Whisper White cs.  I used a ruler to draw two squares, one inside the other, and then lined up and cut both squares on my paper trimmer with the cutting blade.  A frame such as this can also be cut with a paper crafter's knife, such as an Exacto knife.

Next, I cut a square of the Sending Love Specialty dsp to adhere behind the frame.  Then, I decorated the frame with a punched heart and "for you" stamped image from the Elements of Style stamp set.  The one inch circle punch is used for the "for you".  Both embellishments are adhered with dimensionals.

I adhered Pretty in Pink cs to the Whisper White card, cutting the pink cs to be slightly smaller than the card.  A scallop trim border punch creates a decorative edge to another piece of Sending Love Specialty dsp and it is also adhered to the card front.

The last thing I did was to adhere the entire framed piece with dimensionals to the card front.

No comments:

Post a Comment