CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whatever Wednesday - Fancy Robin

I see pretty little cardinals every time I visit my friend Lynne's home.  So, I made this little red bird card in her honor.  :)

If you read my blog regularly, then you will notice that I tend to find a new favorite stamp set very often.  This stamp set, called Friends 24-7, is on my long list of favorites!  I admired it for quite a long time before I purchased it!  Now I sure am glad that I own it!

Card Stock Colors:  Basic Gray, Real Red, Crumb Cake

Inks:  Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad, Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad, Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker

Stamping and layering, that's all.   Stamp the Basic Gray card front with the swirly stamp and stamp the Real Red cs with the fleur de lis stamp.  Stamp the Crumb Cake cs with Real Red ink - clean the stamp and turn it in the other direction so the design is going the opposite direction.  Layer cs pieces onto the Basic Gray card.

Ink the bird stamp with Real Red classic ink, then use a cotton swab to "erase" the red ink from the branch portion of the rubber.  Color the rubber with a Basic Gray Stampin' Write marker only on the branch where you want it to be gray on the finished image.  Remoisten the rubber with your breath and stamp the bird onto Crumb Cake cs.

Layer the bird onto Basic Gray cs and then adhere it to the card.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment