CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday Tips - Curly Border

Recently I posted projects that had a curly border.  Remember these?.....the tall Halloween card.......and this wee little card?   I've been asked how I made the sculpted border on these cards.  It's very easy.  I'll walk you through the steps.  Today's card has the curly  border placed across the center of the card.




Curly Label Border:


1.  Align the Curly Label Punch on a strip of cs so the punch design's "sideways points" are even with the bottom edge of the cs.  Notice that the curly design on this particular punch has points that stick out on each side and points on the top and bottom edge of the design.  Once lined up, give it a punch.



2.   This is what it'll look like.....


3.  Line up the punch a second time in the same way.  Eyeball the alignment so you are punching consistently all the way down the strip of cs each time.  Do you see the partial little "figure 8" along the right side of the punch design where the last visible punched area is?  I try to get that alignment each time.   It doesn't really matter exactly where or how you align the punch on the paper; what is important is that however you align the punch the first and second time, that you continue to align at exactly the same spot each time you go across the strip of cs.  You are trying to get a consistent & uniform look across the cs.


4.  After the second time I punched, I already have a curly border appearing:

5.  After you punch all the way across the cs strip, it should look like this!

I trimmed the curly border & added it to my card!

Give it a try!  Next week I will show you how I made the starburst design on this card.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment