CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Think About Color Thursday - Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray, Whisper White


I've been back from convention for five days now and have been itching to get into my studio to create beautiful cards with the inspirational ideas I brought back with me.  My son had some minor surgery this week and my studio remained dark and lonely, but today that changed!  I have made time for stamping!  My inspiration today comes from a card I saw at convention, and a blog picture from the Miss Mustard Seed blog inspired the color combination and pearl adornment.

Color Combination of the Week (blah like the sky today):
Chocolate Chip
Basic Gray
Whisper White

These colors caught my eye on this cloudy day.
NOTES:
Stamp sets:  Medallion, Petite Pairs, Delicate Doilies
Inks:  Classic Stampin' Pads - Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray; Stampin' Write Markers - Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray
cs:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray
punches used:  small and large oval, 2 3/8" scallop circle, 1" and 1 3/4" circle 
other:  Stampin' Dimensionals, Basic Pearl Jewels

How did I create the multi-colored "medallion"?  I inked the rubber on the Medallion stamp with the Basic Gray inkpad, wiped around the edges of the rubber to remove some of the gray ink, then colored the outer edges of the rubber image with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker.
Notice the center "doily" image?  The Delicate Doily image stamp is inked with a Chocolate Chip inkpad, then the center portion of the rubber is colored with Basic Gray Stampin' Write marker without rubbing off the Chocolate Chip ink on that area.  The gray appears darker here than the gray on the medallion.
Finishing Touches:  Bling!  I added a touch of elegance with Stampin' Up Basic Pearl Jewels!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment