CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday Tips - Wreath Petals



I finally just recently purchased the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up, and I don't know what took me so long!  I am getting creative with using this embossing folder as a background, as embossed paper, and for making wreaths!

Give it a try!  Use a sponge dauber and Stampin' Pastels to dab green chalk directly onto white cs that has been pre-embossed through the Big Shot in the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  Dab the chalk into a donut shape, but it doesn't need to be exact.  Once you have a wreath shape the way you like it, blow off the stray chalk powder and/or tap the card stock to remove the powder.  Sometimes a very gentle rub of a tissue can help - just be careful not to smear.

I wanted berries on my wreath, so I added small flecks of Real Red Stampin' Write marker around the wreath.  Dress up the wreath in a pretty ribbon or whatever embellishments you have on hand.  I had some of last year's Polka Dot red brads left, so I added one with the bow.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Are you registered for Thursday evening's Christmas card Stamp-a-Stack event?  If not, get in touch with me asap!  Why not send out your own handmade holiday cards this year?  You can make 25 of them on Thursday evening (if you need more than 25, you can let me know in advance & make additional card sets in bundles of 10).  I have such pretty cards lined up to make!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment