CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Whatever Wednesday - Lattice Leaves {yes Lattice, not Lettuce}


An Autumn card is a must today since I looked out the window and was amazed by the beautiful and breathtaking red leaves on a tree in my front yard.  If only I could somehow stamp leaves exactly like the real ones!

I've colored the leaf stamp with Stampin' Write markers and applied Dazzling Details glitter glue for a bit of sparkle.  The lattice diecut is not just a background for the leaves.......the leaves are inserted into the lattice slots.

Another element on today's card that I want to point out is the Hodgepodge Hardware.  The ribbon slide hardware is colored with Tangerine Tango, which is the same color ink that I used for the message, the sponging, and on the leaves.  How did I color it?  I squeezed a dime sized puddle of Crystal Effects into a plastic brad container, then added a drop of Tangerine Tango reinker to the puddle, mixed it with a paint brush, and applied the "tangerine crystal glue" to the tops of the hardware.  Make sure to let the hardware dry on a surface that it won't stick to.

We will be stamping this card at tomorrow evening's stamp camp!  If you haven't registered, let me know if you still want to attend!

linda

1 comment:

  1. Nice! This wind is doing a good job of blowing all the leaves to the ground today. Time sure is flying just like the leaves!

    ReplyDelete