CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Fast Friday - Bermuda Bay Scallops


I am very excited that Stampin' Up is, once again, listening to its customers and demonstrators. There will be Stampin' Write markers in each In Color shade in the new catalog! And there is polka dotted pretty ribbon!

Today I opened up my new In Color inkpads & card stock! What fun! I absolutely fell in love with the color called "Bermuda Bay". I decided that it is time for a "Bermuda Bay Trip". No, I am not going on a vacation to Bermuda. Instead, I will celebrate this new color for the next week in my blog! I have created a series of simple cards using Bermuda Bay and one simple stamp. So, chill, sit back, enjoy the simple life in Bermuda Bay for the next week.



The kickoff card and every card during this Bermuda Bay trip uses a retired standard Stampin' Around wheel called Daisy Field (you can view all of Stampin' Up's regular and jumbo wheels available on pages 204 & 205 of the current catty). If you don't own this wheel, other options to get a similar look might be the following wheels: Perfect Fit, Perfectly Pretty, Fast Flowers, Kindness, or Doodle. If you are not familiar with the wheels, feel free to ask me.

Traditionally, we purchase ink cartridges for Stampin' Around handles, pop on a wheel of choice, then "take it for a ride" over a scrapbook page or card. However, on today's card (& every card next week) I did not use an ink cartridge. Instead, I merely rolled the wheel evenly & thoroughly on a Bermuda Bay inkpad. You can impress a wheel's pattern along the entire width or length of a card using only an inkpad-inked wheel. After you roll the card once, you must re-ink before rolling another swipe, since there is no source of constant ink without the cartridge.


So, on this card I rolled the handled "Daisy Field" wheel across a Bermuda Bay inkpad & then took the wheel for a ride across a strip of Whisper White cs.

Next, I stamped "happy birthday" in different directions randomly on the upper part of a 4" x 4" Bermuda Bay card (cut it to 4" x 8").

Use a scallop border punch on a strip of Regal Rose cs & layer the flowered cs onto it. Adhere it to the card. You can leave the flowers as they are or color them with Stampin' Write markers.

Stay tuned for more of my Bermuda Bay trip!

Linda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment