CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Tips - Retirement Banned

Have you used rubons lately?  I purchased a package of "Summer Love" rub-ons from Stampin' Up last year and haven't used them in awhile.  What fun - I have so much stampin' stuff that I find supplies and embellishments occasionally in my studio that I have forgotten about - it feels like I just bought something new for myself!  Well, with Spring in the air, I just had to do some Spring and Summer themed stamping!

The card is Not Quite Navy cs, along with some retired designer series paper.  Stampin' Up may retire "In-Color" each year, but I've outsmarted the system!  I purchase at the very least an inkpad, reinker bottle, cs, and some dsp in each "In Color".  Then, I make it last for years!  Retirement for my In Colors is a slow process.  When I pull out a retired In Color, it makes me smile.  My In Colors are my little treasures! :)  So, my tip for this weekGet an inkpad, reinker bottle, and cs (and maybe even some dsp to match) in every In Color.  Don't forget to stock up before the new catalog and new In-Colors are introduced in July!

The grasses stamp from the old standby stamp set called "Inspired By Nature" are stamped in Sage Shadow and heat embossed.  After that, I did not stamp anything else - only rub-ons are used.  From the butterfly to the flowers to the "inspire" cameo, I was armed with only a popsicle stick and my set of rub-ons.  Have you seen the current rub-ons on pages 176-177 of the current IB&C?  I especially like the set called "So Cool".  It would be a nice set to keep on hand for a last minute child's birthday card.

Linda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment