CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 9, 2009

FAST FRIDAY CARD - jumbo polka dot petals



RECIPE:

cs: Whisper White, Basic Black
dsp: Baja Breeze
ink: Classic Stampin' Pad - Basic Black, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal
stamp sets: Pick a Petal, Stem Sayings
other: Crop-o-Dile, Jumbo Eyelets - Pewter, Heart to Heart Punch

I stamped the petal outlines in black, then polka dot petals, added the stem verse, and layered the white cs in black cs. Then I added a jumbo eyelet & a little heart in the corner - now I can use this card as a Valentine's Day Card!


SOME STUFF ABOUT STAMPS FEATURED ON MY BLOG
Why do I sometimes post cards that use retired stamps? I sell Stampin’ Up products, so I make sure to post cards featuring current or upcoming stamp sets & products. I do, however, realize that when stamp sets retire, we still like to stamp with them! If you like the look of a card on my blog, yet you don’t own the stamp featured, you can still make a similar card!
How? Just substitute stamps that you own. Ask me if you need substitution suggestions.
What’s the difference between a line image stamp & solid image stamp?
A line image stamp gives you an outline that you can color on the inside. A solid image stamp shows up already “colored´with the ink you used (not just outlines). In today's card, I stamped the petals first with a line image in black, then stamped a solid image over them (the polka dot solid image stamp). Sometimes a specific technique may lend itself to a line image or solid image stamp style, so you would probably want to substitute with the style of stamp shown on the card.

Linda

1 comment: