CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

MAP IT MONDAY - got my design groove back!!!! TWO DUCKIES











I was looking at my blog & realized that I am unhappy with my recent card posts. I was ill, then Christmas happened, then the week after Christmas happened - my card ideas were the outpourings of an exhausted brain. But be bored no more - last night I made some of the best cards I have ever designed! Hold on to your seats, because they will be posted beginning today! I also decided that in the future I will post some cards from my Stamp Camps. You might get a sneak peek! And......if there's a card you absolutely LOVE & ask me, I just might add it to a Stamp Camp!

Today’s Map It Monday post uses a new set from the upcoming catty! It’s called Goody Goody Gumdrops – besides the little duckies, there’s a bunch of cute stamps AND messages in this set, including a gumdrop stamp!

Recipe:
Cs: Blue Bayou or Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Whisper White
Dp: daisydyspaper
Ink: Classic Inkpad - Basic Black, SU Markers - So Saffron, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Bordering Blue
Other: punches: 1 ¼” square, scallop square, mat pack paper piercing kit, SU taffeta ribbon – Riding Hood Red, dimensionals, Crop-a-Dile

How to create this card:
1. Create the focal points - I stamped both duckies in Classic Basic Black Ink & colored with SU markers, layered them, then paper pierced with a mat pack.
2. Set the focal point cameos aside & work on the two designer paper layers next. Mat two coordinating designer print papers with Riding Hood Red & adhere them to the card.
3. Stamp the message in Blue on So Saffron cs, layer it on Riding Hood Red cs & pierce the left side.
4. Punch a hole in the smaller duckie square with a Crop-a-Dile & insert ribbon.
5. Adhere the message strip, then both duckies with dimensionals.
6. Paper pierce a design in the lower right corner.

Notice the new look?
By the way, I discovered a new & improved way of photographing my projects - let me know if you like it. It seems more appealing & has a bit more style.

That's it for today! See, I got my design groove back!!!!
Linda ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment