CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

SCRAPBOOK SATURDAY - First Year Patchwork

Drumroll please...........




Today's post was a labor of love. I have spent more time on this 2-page scrapbook layout than I have ever spent on a layout before. I love how it turned out. (Half of the time was probably spent admiring my baby, who is now a high school senior!) I used miscellaneous baby face photos from baby's first year.

Color selection was important for this layout - I chose 4 colors to compliment my photos & cut small same-sized squares for the "patches" in this patchwork layout. Arrange the squares on the base cardstock. Choose a neutral color for the base - I have used Creamy Caramel.

Photos are cropped smaller than the squares so the cs squares form a mat for the photo. I added photos to every other square & added embellishments such as ribbon, eyelets, complimentary patterned papers & brads to empty squares.

I added titles at an angle, some of it on a ribbon, to add interest.

A few people have asked me why most of my Scrapbook Saturday posts are of one particular child when I have more than one child. Well, that particular child will be graduating from high school soon, and I am attempting to create a scrapbook of his life. So, his pics & pages are more relevant for the next few months. No, I do not have a favorite child! lol

Linda :)




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/02/2009

    How come you come up with the cutest darn ideas? xxoo Teri

    ReplyDelete