CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TUESDAY TIPS - Top Note Baby Blessings


Today's Tuesday Tip:

Try the Top Note Die for cardmaking!


I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Top Note Sizzix Bigz die that Stampin' Up is selling. Today's darling card is made by running Certainly Celery cs & the Top Note die through a diecutting machine. The Top Note die is meant to fit in the Stampin' Up Big Shot diecutting/ embossing machine by Sizzix, but I already have a Cuttlebug diecutting/embossing machine, so I played with the "sandwich" recipe until I found what works for my particular diecutting system. If you've never used a diecutting machine, you may not know what I'm talking about. I would be happy to let you in on the big secret - just ask.


Anyway, score one of the top note cuts about an inch from the top edge & adhere the two top notes together by applying adhesive just above the score line & press the two pieces together.

The background is scrapbook paper that I had on hand. Run the paper & Top Note die through your diecutting machine, & then cut all the way around on the scored line that the die creates on the diecut paper. Doing this creates a slightly smaller version of the Top Note shape!

I stamped my baby angel image, colored it with Stampin' Up Certainly Celery & Mellow Moss markers, tucked some folded ribbon undermeath, & then adhered it to the card front with dimensionals.

The diecutting only takes a few minutes, so this card actually was a quick one. If you don't have a diecutting/embossing machine, check this out!

Linda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment