CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TUESDAY TIPS - Inspiration Notebook


Have you ever seen a card idea that you'd like to try, but eventually just forgot about it? Have you seen beautiful color combinations, only to forget about using them in your projects? Consider starting an "Inspiration Notebook". I have one (actually more than one). Here's how it works.


Get a notebook. You can label sections, each page, or just label each entry. I sometimes use the tab punch to establish my notebook sections! When something inspires you, jot it down - a card idea you see, a scrapbook page layout that you saw or thought up. Jot down anything you want to remember related to stamping & scrapbooking! The notebook becomes a springboard to refer to before or while you are creating. Here's some sections I've used either currently or in the past:


"Color combos" - I jot down nice color combinations that I might see on a card or colors that I might have seen somewhere. I've even jotted down pretty color combinations that I saw in a comforter & on wallpapers. Just think of what Stampin' Up colors it resembles - if you see a light green similar in shade to Certainly Celery, write down Certainly Celery.


"Scrapbook Layout Ideas" - I think up layout ideas or maps at the strangest times & if my Inspiration Notebook is nearby, I just sketch it out in my notebook. Sometimes I'll see a layout that would be perfect for what I soon plan to scrap - I'll add changes to make it my own, & jot down some notes (i.e. Layout idea for baby's first steps).


"Card maps" - A card map section can come in handy when you sit down to make a card, instead of staring blankly at a blank notecard!


"Inspiration" - Sometimes I find pictures in magazines or on the internet that are just pretty. I have clipped out pictures of furniture, room decor ideas, outdoor landscapes, and even clothing. I just glue them in my notebook & page through them once in awhile for inspiration. I've recreated pretty patterns from an ad for bed sheets & dress fabrics with rubber stamping! Kinda out there, but it works.


"To Do" - As I think of things I might like to create or new projects that I want to make when I get a chunk of time, I just jot it in my notebook. For instance, currently my inventory for sympathy cards is running low, so I have jotted down "make sympathy cards".


"Wish List" - I jot down all the things I want from the current Stampin' Up catty, of course!


"Info" - I use this section to jot new information down that I want to reference. For instance, if I learn a new technique, I'll jot down helpful hints in my notebook to refresh my memory when I find the time to play with that new technique.


There's plenty of other sections you can include in your Inspiration Notebook. Just give some thought to it & make it your own! Let me know how you like using your notebook!


Linda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment