CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

WHATEVER WEDNESDAY - Reinkers

ReInkers 101
I recently purchased my first Stampin’ Up reinker. I can’t believe I haven’t bought them until now. I like them so much that I plan to get them in all of my most often used inkpad colors. They are a great thing, so I thought I’d let you in on the secret.


Here's a few things you can do with reinkers.....

1. Flowers can be dyed to match cardstock, embellishments or ink. The first card shown here was made at last week's stamp camp. We used an inkpad and an aqua painter to dye the silk flower. The other card's flower is reinked with a blender pen & reinker.
2. Reink your Stampin’ Up inkpads (of course!) – a refreshed inkpad makes stamping easier (you don't have to press as hard & you get a more solid, vibrant, opaque image).
3. Dye ribbon the same color as your Stampin’ Up cardstock or ink!
4. Reink your Stampin’ Up markers (ingenious!) – well, Stampin’ Up does not endorse reinking markers, so you do run the risk of ruining your marker & having to purchase a new one, but I’ve been told that reinking markers can be done & many people do this. There are several ways to reink a marker. One way is to put a few drops of reinker in a plastic baggie, set the marker (tip down) into the baggie & wait until the marker soaks up the ink. So, if you have a marker that you've used and overused for years, give this a try!

Linda :)



No comments:

Post a Comment