CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Map It Monday - Perfect Bermuda Orchid




 

The card map this week sure has lots of interesting shaped layers.  I think this card is pretty, though I must admit that I was feeling a little confused figuring out which layer to adhere next!  I must have been fatigued when I designed this map a few weeks ago!  lol

What do you think of the color combination here?  The Orchid Opulence is toned down by the Perfect Plum and the Bermuda Bay is toned down by the Mellow Moss.  It's an unlikely combination.  The designer series paper is an Orchid Opulence print pattern sheet included in the Cottage Wall dsp package.

So, today may be "Map It Monday", however, you are getting a "Think About Color Thursday" color combination, plus a "Tuesday Tip" ahead of time.  Here's my tip:  most designer series paper packages have at least one sheet of paper with a monochromatic print.  That print dsp can often be used interchangeably with solid cs of the same color or used in conjunction with the solid cs of the same color.  The pairing of Orchid Opulence solid cs and Orchid Opulence print dsp add unity to this card.

The Filigree Designer Brads add a unique decoration to an already attractive card.  I just love these 2-piece brad designs!

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment