CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday Tips - Punched Velum



Cute card/poor quality photo.  One day I will master this photography thing.

Today's Tuesday Tip:  Punch through velum card stock to add a pretty, transparent element to a card

For this card, I have stamped the antique Santa onto velum, as well as punched stars with velum.

The card is Riding Hood Red cs layered with some dsp.  I have stamped "be merry" a few times on the dsp & adhered it with dimensionals so the entire dsp layer is "popped up".

The Santa velum is layered onto Riding Hood Red cs, brads are added to the corners & depth is given to the Santa with dimensionals.

I have punched a hole through both stars & simply slipped them over the corner brad on the Santa, rotating the top star.  I added a touch of Mono Adhesive under each star surrounding the brad, leaving the star points free of adhesive and free of that "glue showing through"  look.

I finished off this card with hemp twine tied in a bow. 

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment