CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Think About Color Thursday - Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown

Today I am celebrating the return of Baja Breeze for Think About Color Thursday!!!!  Somehow I missed posting yesterday, so today you will be lucky enough to read two posts all in the same day!  I am thrilled, as our several of my customers, that Baja Breeze will soon be one of Stampin' Up's core colors when the color renovation takes place.  So, this week's color combination is.......drum roll, please......

Baja Breeze
Chocolate Chip
Basic Brown

A "fresh-cut note" is the base of this card.  For that extra special card, these die-cut notes are just perfect.  The recipient of this card will wonder how in the world you were able to make those precise, perfect cuts to get a beautiful flower on the front of the card.  In fact, the cutting is done for you by Stampin' Up!  Just pop out the pieces you won't need (just like paper dolls, but much easier) & you're ready to adhere a coordinating color of cs or dsp behind the peek-a-boo holes.  I cover up the mechanics with a piece of white cs cut to the same size as the card itself - adhere that white cs & the card is totally white inside.

Back to Baja Breeze - I stamped flowers from the Vintage Vogue stamp set in Baja Breeze, a flower line with Chocolate Chip, and a smaller flower with Chocolate Chip in second generation inking.  

I adhered Basic Brown cs inside and covered it with white cs, as I said before.  Then, I stamped an extra little flower, cut around it & adhered it with dimensionals to the center of the flower.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment