CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Think About Color Thursday - Brilliant Blue, Green Galore, Crushed Curry


Last night I had a terrific stamp camp.  The ladies had a fantastic time stamping cards, as well as a tumbled tile trivet or coaster and matching gift tag.  I must say that everyone's tiles and cards looked especially beautiful!  It was such fun!  Next month at card camp we will be stamping a Father's day card, graduation and wedding cards, a birthday card, and a couple more that I still am working on.  Why not email me to register for this stamp camp while you are thinking about it!?  The date will be Wednesday, May 12 at 7pm.  

Today I stamped the little glass jars with flowers from the Country Morning hostess stamp set onto watercolor paper.   I outlined the line drawings with Stampin' Write markers in the color combo for day:

Brilliant Blue, Crushed Curry and Green Galore

I guess you could say it's a fond farewell to Brilliant Blue and Green Galore (probably not the last farewell I will make to them).  The Aqua Painter tool enabled me to pull the color into the open areas.  If you haven't tried watercoloring, consider getting some watercolor paper and Aqua Painters.  Those two tools can be used with inkpads, Stampin' Write markers, watercolor wonder crayons, among other mediums and techniques!  They really are fun to play with!  It sends me back to being a child on a rainy, lazy day with a coloring book and a box of new crayons!


Green Galore cs is the base for stamping "so very sorry" from the Three Little Words stamp set.  Then, I punched the saying with the scallop oval punch.  I markered the edges of the scalloped oval with a Crushed Curry Stampin' Write marker, though it may be difficult for you to see.

The card is a Brilliant Blue cs that has been dry embossed with an argyle embossing folder.  A few dimensionals are all this card needed for both the flower image and the message.  I wanted to keep it simple.

Have a great sunny day!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment