CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Fast Friday - Busy, Bashful & Blue


Here is a busy Fast Friday card. And, it's easy.

Begin with a Bashful Blue card. Punch about 7 or 8 circles from Bashful Blue cs with a 1 3/8" circle punch. Stamp a small image onto all of the circles (I have used the retired Darling Dots Hostess Stamp Set from last year's catalog, but I give you alternatives later in this post.)

Now make that So Saffron special circle. You can just punch a scallop circle with the Stampin' Up scallop circle punch & layer one of the blue circles on top of it. I chose a different method. First, I punched a 1 3/8" circle punch into So Saffron cs and then centered & punched the scallop circle punch around the hole I had just punched. It becomes a scalloped circle with a big donut hole in the middle. Next, I adhered my blue circles onto the card front & chose one of them as the middle of my So Saffron scalloped circle. I adhered the "donut" scalloped circle around that blue circle with a 2-way glue pen. This method takes a few extra minutes, but it has a slightly different look simply layering a circle atop a scalloped circle. I think it takes much longer to explain this step than it actually takes to make the entire card!

The last thing I did on this card was to stamp a few small messages around the blue circles. I chose "be happy" from the same "Darling Dots" stamp set, yet any small message can be used. Substitutes for Darling Dots might be For All You Do, Season of Friendship, Hello Again, Simple Friendship, Razzle Dazzle, One of a Kind, or Circle Circus.

Have fun with this tone on tone card!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment