CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Fast Friday - Sticky Flowers


Now this is a quick card! I pulled out a retired product called "Build-a-Flower" - tons of matching flower stickers. The technique for this card is really difficult - lift the sticker & stick it on the card, over & over again. Just kidding - couldn't be easier.

For the message, I stamped "thanks" onto one of the rectangle stickers in the Build-a-Flower kit.

A few days ago I blogged about the greatness & versatility of the Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen. I have used that white gel pen on today's card - I just added little white dots. They give the flowers a "flow" down the page.

And, guess what color card stock I used? The new Rich Razzleberry! I also used a ticket corner punch on this card to give it a little detail.

When looking through Stampin' Up catalogs, be sure to give consideration to purchasing extra little products besides stamps, inks & paper. This "Build-a-Flower" kit was an "outside the box" purchase for me & it ends up being a go-to product when I need to make a quick card. In every catalog there are some really unique products that might be fun to add to our collections!

If you don't have the Build-a-Flower kit (and I suppose most of you do not), give any of these ideas a try: flower fusion (page 180 of the new catalog); use the die cut blooms on page 169 in the new catalog; build your own flowers using a variety of punches and coordinating cs & designer paper (Boho Blossoms, 5-petal, Trio-Flower, scalloped circle, circle, etc.); consider getting some of the new Sizzlits dies or embosslits on pages 195-202 in the new catalog; add some depth to a card with On Board chipboard (pages 184-185); use some pretty rub-ons; or even purchase a Simply Scrappin' Kit (page 164-167 of the new catty) & put together scrapbook pages & then you undoubtedly will have stickers left over to create cards with!
Linda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment