CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Tips - Bargello

Bargello.  No, it's not a bad word.  It is a cardmaking paper technique.  Stampin' Up tells me that Bargello was originally a form of embroidery that is created through a series of upright stitches laid out in interesting patterns to create motifs, especially in a zigzag design.  Now, Stampin' Up has found a way to turn Bargello into a technique for cardmaking and paper crafts!  I am not surprised - they think of EVERYTHING!

I learned how to do this technique from a recent Stampin' Up! demonstrator magazine.  It's so much fun and is a great thing to do when you have scraps of designer series paper left over, especially striped paper!

Recently, I purchased the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper from our current catalog.  The two products have the same exclusive design of elegant, elongated swirls and circles.  Love it!  There is a very pretty striped patterned paper in the Elegant Soiree collection, which is what I am using for the Bargello card here.


Bargello Instructions:
1. Cut DSP into strips of varying widths.

2. Align & adhere paper strips into desired pattern onto Whisper White cs or white sticky paper. 

3.Cut your newly patterned paper into the size you need for your project.  Then, use the bargello piece on a card!  


I have decorated my Basic Gray card with punched hearts and a 1 1/4" punched square.  The teeny tiny hearts are punched from the reverse side of the Elegant Soiree striped paper that was left over when I cut the masterpiece into a rectangle!  You didn't think I would waste even a scrap of this precious paper, did you? lol


The Baja Breeze square is stamped with the letter "u" from the Doodle Alphabet (retired).  I hoped to use the Lovely Letters alphabet stamp set, which I recently purchased, but I haven't even mounted the stamps yet!  I do have some great ideas for that set as well!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment