CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Whatever Wednesday - brown box

First of all, I must apologize for the blurry photos recently.  I seem to have misplaced my camera & memory card, so I have been taking pics with my cell phone.  Not the best quality.

Here's a little gift box I made.  We made a similar item at a recent stamp camp. 

I began with a 12 x 12" Chocolate Chip cs and scored it on all four sides at 4 inches.  I cut slits into the scored cs that enable me to assemble it into a box. 

Now, use a bone folder to make sharp creases into each score line.  Apply adhesive to the flaps & fold up to assemble this box.

Then, decorate the box as desired.  I punched a Cherry Cobbler cs border for along the top of this box using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.

For the box front decoration, I hand cut a Whisper White tag and rolled it through a crimper tool.  I used additional Whisper White cs to create the "merry" tag with the Stampin' Up Merry embosslit. 

The Cute Christmas stamp set (current 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog) is ideal to create great gift tags - I stamped the candy canes image with Cherry Cobbler classic ink onto the white tag.  I punched two Chocolate Chip scallop squares using the scallop square punch and layered then underneath the tag. 

I adhered another Dotted Scallop Ribbon border to tie the tag in to the box decor.  A few dimensionals, a punched hole and a splash of 1 1/4" wide striped Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon finish it off!

An unlidded box (yes, unlidded is a word - I looked it up because it just didn't sound right!) can be a quicker alternative than standard gift wrapping paper and bows.  Will you give a gift this year in a box like this?

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment