CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WHATEVER WEDNESDAY - Embossed Vellum




Try embossing on vellum.  Isn't this a pretty card? 

I cut vellum to just a bit smaller than my card.  I ran the vellum and the embossing folder called Manhattan through the Cuttlebug (or if you are lucky enough to own the Stampin' Up Big Shot Machine, you could use that!).

When adhering vellum to paper, I sometimes use vellum tape because it doesn't show through like regular adhesive would.  I added vellum tape to each corner of the vellum & pressed the vellum onto the card.

The punched cs is stamped with a message from the Upsy Daisy stamp set.   The punch I used is actually retired - you can use any of Stampin' Up's punches, as long as they fit the size of the message you are using.  The message is then adhered to the card.

Diecuts & embossing can be a simple, beautiful focal point of a card.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment