CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Fast Friday - Embossed Bookmark



Today my 13 year old asked us to pick up a bookmark when we went to the Borders bookstore. I took that as an invitation to make a much better bookmark than a bookstore could provide. He agreed, so I excused myself, saying that I'd be back with his bookmark in 5 or 10 minutes. Lo and behold, within two minutes, that son of mine was in my studio wanting to see what I was making for him. Precious.


I heat embossed the snowboarder image called Extreme Snowboard (he is a snowboarder) with clear EP on white cs. My son appeared just as the heat tool was melting the EP, so I asked him what colors he wanted the bookmark to be. "I dunno". We agreed that his favorite colors of orange and green would be fitting.

The next order of business was to sponge Only Orange on half of the white cs & Old Olive on the other half. After trimming the white cs, the snowboard image was layered onto Only Orange cs, then onto an Old Olive base. I tucked an Old Olive punched circle in between the layers, punched a hole with the Crop-o-Dile, & added some vibrant black & white ribbon.

Cool bookmark! The entire thing took ten minutes at most.

Precious son, precious bookmark, precious moment.

I hope you have a precious moment today too. :)

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/09/2010

    Great bookmark. Great moment. Congratulations on being a late night stampers blog find of the day. Kris

    ReplyDelete