CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Map It Monday - Making a Mistake Not a Mistake




I designed this map quite awhile ago with intentions of making it a bright colored card.  Today, I ran across a little piece of dsp that had a "mistake" on it.  I have lots of those "mistakes" laying around - you know, when you stamp something but then you don't use it on a card & it takes up space until you figure out exactly what to do with it.  Often times I design a card around my mistakes.  There you have it - the truth.  I have admitted it.  lol  So, this Soft Suede designer series paper had an image stamped on it in Basic Gray ink.  I think I inked up my stamp on the wrong inkpad at the time.  Today, that mistake is a thing of beauty!

The "mistake" lays in the upper left corner of the card & the rest of the card is designed around it.  Aren't the little round flowers darling?  They are a brand new product from the new Occasions Mini Catalog called "Sweet Pea" stitched felt.  I am totally in awe of them.  There's little flowers & big flowers & leaves in the package - and lots of them in pretty colors!   Hmmmm, I'm thinking there may be some projects in the near future with these little cuties.

Linda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment