CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Think About Color Thursday - Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana





Once in a while I find some cute ribbon that I cannot pass up.  This ribbon adds a terrific finishing touch to my elongated gift card shown here.  I wanted to use a long envelope that I had, so I measured the envelope & cut Garden Green cs about 1/4" smaller than the envelope.  Then, I created a mini white pocket card and adhered it onto the Garden Green cs.  Your dimensions may vary, depending on the size of your envelope.  I think my envelope was roughly 7 1/2" x 3 1/2".  Isn't this card cute?

The white cs is cut to 4 1/2" x 7".  With the long edge against the top of a paper trimmer, score at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2".  Fold on score lines with a bone folder.  The smallest panel forms the pocket - fold it upward & adhere the right & left edges with sticky strip.  Sticky Strip is THE best adhesive & is my go-to adhesive for even things like buttons and metal boxes and embellishments.  If you want something to stick & stay stuck, this is it! 

I decorated the front & punched with the horizontal slot punch into the card's left side.  Ribbon is easily tied through that slot.  The horizontal slot punch is ideal for the width of ribbons.

Until Fast Friday,

Linda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment