CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

CHRISTMAS POINSETTIAS


I think it’s time to post some Christmas card ideas. If you plan to make your own Christmas cards, planning time is over! It’s time to create. Here’s an idea for you to use a beautiful holiday stamp set (page 34 of the current catty). It’s a set that was introduced last year, so you may have it ready to go!

CS: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Stamp set: Season of Joy
Inkpad: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red
Punches: Wide Oval, 5-Petal Flower, ½” circle
Other: Mat Pack, Sponge Dauber

I used the tiny poinsettia stamp to make a plain white cs into a designer paper – I stamped flowers in both Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red. Then, I sponged the edges of the white cs to soften its look against the card & sponged the "Merry Christmas” oval while I was sponge-happy. I paper pierced the red strip with a Stampin' Up mat pack. If you don't have a mat pack and enjoy stamping, I would highly recommend getting one - for under $10, it can give any card a detailed look. When I adhered the red strip, I left a little of the Baja Breeze card showing in between the white cs & that red strip. I punched the center from the red 5-petal flower so the Baja flower shows through, creating the center of the flower.

This card is fairly quick to make & would be easy enough to make in a large quantity. Maybe I’ll get one in the mail from one of my customers?!

Time to get the Christmas tree out! Our turkey is in the oven & beginning to smell yummy! I just couldn’t have a Thanksgiving weekend without roasting a turkey. It sure was nice to not cook a turkey on Thanksgiving Day, though!

TTY on Monday!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment