CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PUMPKIN CENTERPIECE








Hello!
Well, this is officially my first post. This blogging thing is new to me, so I'll be learning as I post. I will attempt to post almost daily. What will I post? My creations! Today I am posting a Thanksgiving centerpiece that you can put on your table or on your mantle or just use as a decoration. If you store it away carefully, you can take it out year after year from Halloween to Thanksgiving! It couldn't be easier to make....give it a try & let me know how it turns out! Here goes.....

PUMPKIN CENTERPIECE
Supplies:
1 sheet 12" x 12" Stampin' Up Patterns Designer Series Paper - Pumpkin Pie
1 sheet 12" x 12" Stampin' Up Patterns Designer Series Paper - Old Olive
Always Artichoke Classic Stampin Pad
A leaf stamp (any medium or large-sized leaf stamp)
5" piece Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon 5/8"
Stampin' Up Rope Twine
Crop-a-Dile
2 eyelets (green, metal, or neutral color)
Trimming scissors

1. Cut Pumpkin Pie paper into 1" wide x 12" strips.
2. Stack strips in a pile & punch hole through strips at both ends using Cropo-A-Dile.
3. Knot bottom of 5/8" ribbon & thread unknotted end through a hole in the stack, then through hole at other end of stack. Knot top of ribbon & trim ribbon ends.



BOTTOM OF PUMPKIN




4. Spread out strips of paper to create pumpkin shape.
5. Stamp 4 leaves on old olive paper with Always Artichoke inkpad & cut out.

CLOSEUP OF LEAVES


6. Punch a hole with Crop-a-Dile through 2 overlapping leaves, then set eyelets with Crop-a-Dile. Repeat with remaining 2 leaves.
7. Thread twine through eyelets, knot & wind around pumpkin below 5/8" ribbon knot, allowing leaves to hang freely.
NOTE: I used leftover green rope twine from my scrap box, but the Stampin' Up rope twine from the Holiday Mini Catalog will look even better. If you don't own a Crop-a-Dile, you can use a hole punch & an eyelet setter, or order a Crop-a-Dile from me! If you need any other Stampin' Up products, please mailto:lahinks@gmail.com . Tomorrow I'll be posting a beautiful Thanksgiving card that you can make!
Until tomorrow,
Linda :)

1 comment:

  1. I like this pumpkin! It's cute... you'll have to make me one for my apartment! :-)
    Love,
    gracie

    ReplyDelete