CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

GIVING THANKS FOR SECOND GENERATION STAMPING


GIVING THANKS

A Thanksgiving card, what else? Make it for next year, or substitute another word on the tag & a different image for any time of year (birthday cupcakes, Easter bunnies, whatever).

RECIPE:
CS: really rust, very vanilla
Inks: Classlic Stampin' Pads - old olive, really rust, close to cocoa
Stamps: Fall Flair (Level 2 hostess set)
Punch: small or large oval, Crop-a-dile
Other: Hodgepodge Hardware oval ring clip (yep, each little type of hardware has its own name LOL), natural hemp twine

I did 2-step stamping for two of the leaves on vanilla cs with close to cocoa & really rust inks. The middle leaf was stamped in old olive, as were the “thanks”. The background leaves were stamped in second generation stamping, which means that after inking up my stamp, I stamped once (first generation) on scrap paper, then impressed a second time without re-inking my rubber stamp onto my card (second generation). It gives a more subtle & softer look so the main image on vanilla CS become a stand-out focus. I sponged the "thanks" tag with really rust.
I hope you have a blessed, happy, and peace-filled Thanksgiving. This blog gives me joy, so YOU are one of my blessings!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment