CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW



Good morning!





Today's post is called "I Can See Clearly Now". Why? It's a clear plastic card, aka acetate. I used a clear transparency for this card. The trick with acetate cards is to score your fold well in order for the card to stay closed.


RECIPE:

  • CS - white, pink passion, tangerine tango, black
  • Inks: Pink Passion Classic Stampin' Pad, Black StazOn Inkpad
  • Punches - scallop square, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle, scallop edge
  • Stamp Sets - Wonderful Favorites & Wow Flowers
  • Ribbon - 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Tangerine Tango
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

I cut the white CS into 4 base pieces, each 3" x 4 1/4" & adhered them to the front, back, & both inside surfaces of the card. Align them exactly on top of one another, so the adhesive doesn't show. I punched two Passion Pink scallop squares & overlapped them. The "friend" stamp is from the Wonderful Favorites stamp set. I adhered the passion pink starburst/snowflake with dimensionals to give it some dimension - that stamp is in the Wow Flowers stamp set, along with the "birthday wishes". The ribbon was just wrapped around the card front. I plan to design a few other cards using Wow Flowers this week. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites for its bold look. This set is very economically priced at $12.95 (pg. 138 in Stampin' Up's current catalog). The Tangerine Tango ribbon was just wrapped around the card front. Tangerine Tango is one of this year's "in-colors" & it looks great paired with passion pink, don't you think?

If you need to reference any of the supplies in my recipe, you can see them in the Stampin' Up current catalog on the website at www.stampinup.com.

There are some acronyms/shorthand that stampers use frequently. I will be posting a shorthand guide on my blog to make things a little bit easier for beginning stampers.

Have a great day everyone!

Linda :)









No comments:

Post a Comment