CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

WONDERFUL SISTER



Today's post incorporates that awesome color combination of Tangerine Tango & Passion Pink & the Wonderful Favorites words again. The little flower comes from the nostalgic Sock Monkey set (no monkey today, but that monkey has 6 other little props in this stamp set besides the flower - so cute!). For this card & most of my blog cards, stamp whatever interior message you want based on the occasion (or leave it blank for a note card).


HERE'S THE RECIPE:

CS: white, passion pink, old olive
stamp sets: Wonderful Favorites ("wonderful", "sister"), Sock Monkey (little flower)
inks: Pink Passion Classic Stampin' Pad, Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' Pad, pink passion & old olive stampin' write markers
punches: scallop circle, 3/4" circle, boho blossoms, word window, curly label, ticket corner (wow, that's a lot of punches!)
white brad
blender pen

For this card I used my new curly label punch - I love how it can make an image look framed when you use the negative part of the punched cs! The flower stamp was inked with the "direct-to-rubber" technique, coloring with markers directly onto the rubber stamp, then huffing breath on the stamp to re-moisten it a bit before impressing. I colored the flower center with a blender pen inked with Tangerine Tango to pull that color in. I stamped "wonderful" in both tangerine tango AND passion pink. Add your flower layers & brad right through your pink frame before adhering the frame with dimensionals. This picture doesn't do the card justice, however, the dimensionals give the framed flower depth. I hope you liked it! Post a comment or email if you have any questions, as always! I got my first comment - I was so excited! From my oldest baby! :)

Not sure whether I will post on Sundays or make that my day off......stay tuned!


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment