CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Think About Color Thursday - Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla

Wild Wasabi is back!  One of my favorite colors of all-time will soon be a core color in Stampin' Up's renovated color collections!

This unusual graduation card shows off Wild Wasabi quite well.  I've paired it with Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.

The beautiful graduation stamp is among the stamps you can purchase from Stampin' Up's new Summer Mini Catalog.  It has such a terrific message, whether it is for a high school graduate, college graduate, or beyond.
I have stamped this graduation stamp, called "Happy Grad", from that catty, in Wild Wasabi Classic ink onto Very Vanilla cs, then surrounded it with mini crowns stamped in Soft Suede ink.

Remember the Sale-a-Bration 2010 stamp set called Tiny Tags?  I just realized that it includes some very unique and interesting stamps!  There is the mini crown, as well as "4 you".  The "4 you" is stamped onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cs & the side is punched with the Spiral Punch to look like a page from a notebook.  I rubbed the edges of that little scrap with a Soft Suede inkpad so it would stand at attention on the card.  It is adhered with dimensionals.

Have you seen the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set?  It is a new stamp set for me & I just realized that one of the stamps can give the look of the Color Spritzer tool!  How awesome is that?   I inked that stamp with Wild Wasabi ink and it really does look like I applied a spritz of color with the Color Spritzer tool!  The same thing is done on the "4 you" piece, except in Soft Suede ink.

I love using the Medium Jewelry Tag punch!  I used it on the "way 2 go" image & punched a tiny hole in the tag so I could insert gold cording through it.  The cord is wrapped around the card several times and then tied into a bow.

The "way 2 go" stamp is from the Occasions Mini Catty Level 1 Hostess Set called "Picture This".   Invite me to do a demonstration or workshop in your home or mine, invite your friends, and you can earn lots of free stuff, including a hostess set from the New Summer Mini Catalog or big catalog!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment