CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Whatever Wednesday - Scrubs

The card I made for my daughter's college graduation is one that I must show you!  She is studying medicine, so I thought a “scrub” shirt would be appropriate. Isn’t it cute? I created a pattern for it first, tracing the shape of a basic V-neck scrub shirt. Then, I traced the pattern onto a Bermuda Bay card & cut on the pencil traced lines.


Next, it was time to decorate it! Since scrubs are topstitched around the collar, cuffs & hem, I mimicked that topstitching with a Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write marker. A straight edge/ruler is a helpful guide to get the stitching straight. The curved lines can be challenging, but it worked out great!

I sketched on a pocket using a Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write marker.

The card would be incomplete without a stethoscope, right? So, I created one. With gray and black cs, I punched several sizes of circles and ovals to create it. Here are the sizes:

Circles: ½” gray – two
¾” gray – one
1” black – one
Double Ovals: First I punched a small oval, then I centered the large oval punch around the hole that I had punched with the small oval punch.
Black – two
Gray – one

Sponging around the card, most heavily onto the pocket, perks it up.

Inside I stamped a nice graduation message. Check out the "Happy Grad" graduation stamp that is sold as a single stamp in the new Summer Mini Catalog. It is priced at only $8.95. Unbelievable!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment