CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Whatever Wednesday - Chalk Grid Technique


The Chalk Grid Lines technique that I used to create this card is an unusual one and is a lot of  fun to do.

I began the grid with a square piece of Whisper White cs.  I applied chalk pastels with a sponge dauber, rubbing in circles in several colors.  Once the entire piece of cs was covered with soft colors, I lined up a ruler & erased with a pencil eraser all the way down the ruler's straight edge, in order to lift the color off the canvas.  I repeated this step across the entire chalked cs, working diagonal erasure lines across it.  Then, I turned the cs a quarter turn & repeated the same process going in the opposite direction.  When the erasing in both directions is all done, you are left with a chalked "grid" which can be used as an eye-catching background.

The chalked grid is adhered to the card, a message is stamped with Soft Suede ink, and a small Soft Sky cs with a ripped bottom edge is adhered to the card.

Next, I stamped the rooster image from the Country Morning Hostess Level I Stamp Set in Soft Suede Classic ink and watercolored it with a blender pen and pastel chalks.

The card needed a dark splash of color, so I added a scrap of brown ribbon with a mini library clip and adhered the rooster with dimensionals to the card.

I hope you find some time to try the chalk grid technique.  Let me know how you like it!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment