CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday Tips - Add Something Unexpected

Today I made a horizontal pocket card using my two favorite In Colors:  Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede.  The good news is that apparently I am not the only person that favors Soft Suede and so Stampin' Up will be merging Soft Suede into its Neutral Color Collection in the color renovation!

My Tuesday Tip this week is:  Add whimsy to a card!
You will see what I did in a minute!

Card stock that you'll need to make this card:
Bermuda Bay - Pocket is cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Soft Suede - Card Insert is cut to 3 3/4" x 4 1/4"

First, score the card pocket piece at the halfway point, which is 4 1/4".  Then, score again at 1 1/2" & fold that "cuff" over.  Use a bone folder to give every scored line a nice crease.  You should now have a pocket that can be either adhered along the sides with Sticky Strip or even secured with a brad on each side.  It is a good idea to secure the flap as well with a small piece of Sticky Strip so it stays put.

Rounding the corners is optional.  I chose to round the top corners on the pocket, insert card, and the little bunny piece.

Time to decorate!  I added some patterns designer series paper in Bermuda Bay on both the card insert and the pocket, to tie them together.  I embellished the pocket with Soft Suede so both the pocket and insert coordinate.

The bunny stamp from the Animal Crackers stamp set is stamped in Soft Suede onto Soft Suede cs.  I also stamped a second bunny's head, punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch & adhered it over the top of the stamped bunny with a dimensional.  It gives his little funny bunny face a 3-D effect.  I also adhered the rectangle with the bunny stamped on it with dimensionals.  The Soft Suede circles are punched with a 1/2" circle punch.
A Bermuda Bay card stock pull-tab is attached to the insert card.  The tab punch is used on it.  I added a Soft Suede eyelet using a Crop-o-Dile to both secure it and give the insert card some contrast.

On the insert card, I masked the message on the bunny stamp & stamped the bunny hopping onto the card.  I think it adds something unexpected, something whimsical, to the card, which is my Tuesday Tip for this week.  It's all about the hopping bunny - whimsical and unexpected.  Finally, "happy birthday" adorns the card, stamped in Soft Suede.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment